Senior Lecturer in Medicine
- Prestigious international university
- 0.5FTE fixed term contract with the possibility of further extension
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. Comprised of five schools and a number of disciplines, research centres and institutes, the faculty is focused on education excellence and innovative research in the health sciences.
Programs taught out of the faculty train medical practitioners: surgeons, dentists, nurses and psychologists and other health professionals. The faculty boasts one of the largest concentrations of leading researchers, academic teachers and clinical titleholders working across the areas of health.
The Adelaide Medical School encompasses the disciplines of Acute Care Medicine, Adelaide Rural Clinical School, Anatomy and Pathology, General Practice, Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Orthopaedics and Trauma, Paediatrics, Pharmacology, Physiology, Psychiatry and Surgery. It is one of five schools in the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences and is made up of academics, researchers and clinical titleholders.
The clinical components of the University's undergraduate medical program are taught through the school with activities at four major hospitals in the state. The school offers a vibrant, intellectual environment in which to work.
The Adelaide Rural Clinical School provides hands on, high quality medical education for students in a dynamic rural setting. The goals of the School are to provide a high quality learning environment for students, to promote rural health as a career, and to form strong relationships between students, community, health services and the University as a basis for their education. The School has 10 regional sites which encompasses towns as far west as Ceduna, up to Broken Hill and south to the Barossa Valley.
This position will contribute to the delivery of the Adelaide Rural Clinical School research plans and support academic staff located in rural and regional South Australia in the development of research capacity
Salary: (Level C) $117,310 - $134,966 per annum + clinical loading (if applicable)
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% applies
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available immediately until 31 December 2018 with the possibility of a further 3 year extension
To be successful you should have:
- A PhD qualification in a relevant area (Medicine, Nursing or Allied Health) or equivalent accreditation and standing
- High level understanding of the health care needs of persons living in rural and remote South Australia
- An excellent track record of peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations at national and international level
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in both quantitative and qualitative research, including the design and implementation of systematic reviews, surveys, descriptive qualitative research, randomised controlled trials and mixed research methods
- Demonstrated experience in liaising and collaborating with end-users and external agencies to develop cooporative research initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring research staff and actively engaging in the supervision of higher degree by research students
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Mrs Dee Risley, Operations Manager, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a copy of the Selection Criteria, please visit the University of Adelaide Job opportunities page via this link: http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/job/498564/senior-lecturer
Please note if the selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 9 am, 3 August 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.