Senior Lecturer in Physiology
School of Medical Sciences
- One of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research intensive Universities
- Strong regional and global engagement
- Cutting edge facilities and equipment
- Location Sydney NSW Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Medical Sciences, UNSW Australia seeks to appoint two academics at the level of Senior Lecturer within the Department of Physiology. This department has a long history of academic excellence in the broad area of human function. This is an exciting opportunity to pursue collaborative opportunities in research and teaching within this dynamic School.
About the role
- $121K-$143K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- 3 year Fixed Term to commence 2018 – conversion track
The appointee will be expected to establish a research team that engaged in existing programs of research within the School of Medical Sciences, particularly complementing the high quality research across the physiological sciences which are a hallmark of the Department of Physiology at UNSW Sydney.
Research may be aligned to the focus of the Department of Physiology (muscle physiology, molecular and cellular physiology sensory physiology, cardiovascular physiology, microvascular physiology, endocrine and developmental physiology, ion channel biophysics, mechanotransduction, translational neuroscience) and one or more of the Faculty of Medicine’s four themes: Neuroscience, Mental Health & Addiction; Infectious Disease, Immunity & Inflammation; Cancer; and Non-Communicable Diseases.
The appointee will make a significant contribution to the undergraduate Medicine and Science programs offered at UNSW, with contributions into relevant sub-disciplinary area, and by teaching within the broad discipline at an undergraduate level.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop a research program that engages with the forefront of physiological research on the national and international stage. The appointee will participate in learning and teaching activities within the School of Medical Sciences which includes programs across the faculties of Medicine and Science.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- PhD or a medical degree with a research track record in the physiological sciences or other allied discipline.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to undertake collaborative research within the physiological sciences and evidence of high quality research publications and research funding.
- Demonstrated ability in undergraduate teaching within the physiological sciences including the development and delivery of technology-enhanced learning
You should systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
You may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
Professor Gary Housley, Head of Department of Physiology
T: (61 2) 9385 1057
Applications close: 11:00 pm 3rd August 2018
Find out more about working at UNSW at jobs.unsw.edu.au
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity