Strategy, Planning and Performance
- Empowering, supportive and collaborative environment
- Salary range: $78,222 to $82,729 (plus superannuation)
- Level 6, full-time appointment on a 12 month fixed term contract
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team:
The Strategy and Planning Unit is situated within the Strategy, Planning and Performance Office. The Unit provides strategic leadership and guidance at the University-wide level for all long term strategy development, continuous improvement strategies, annual planning processes and policy development and management.
About the opportunity:
You will provide a high level of administrative support in the operation of a University-wide policy framework, including the planning, drafting and delivery of policy across a wide range of business functions. You will work with the Associate Director, Strategy & Planning and Policy Manager in the development and management of the University’s policies, engaging with a broad range of stakeholders in a complex work environment.
In addition, you will support faculty, Service Delivery Centres, functional and subject-matter-expert staff through stakeholder engagement and work with the University Community in assessing compliance with the Policy Framework and provide advice on improvements.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent competency.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, including experience in drafting policy and related documents.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to ensure results.
- Substantial relevant administrative experience at an appropriate level.
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet, email, Visio, OneNote and SharePoint.
- Highly developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work productively as part of a team.
- Experience in project management.
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
About the campus:
We work at one of Australia’s most beautiful university campuses, with some of the most inspiring people on the planet. In addition to facilities such as gym, library, swimming pool and childcare, we have great public transport links and end of trip facilities so you can ride, run or walk to work.
Closing date: Wednesday, 18 July 2018
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.