Research Assistant/Research Associate/Research Fellow in Psychology, Level ARA/ARAS/BRF
- Based in the Australian Centre for Child Protection, employed through UniSA
- Full-time, Twelve (12) month fixed term contract
- Salary range: $67,769 - $114,967 per annum (plus super)
About the Job
The opportunity involves conducting a range of research activities in the Australian Centre for Child Protection within the Division of Education, Arts and Social Sciences. This includes contributing to or conducting high quality research; supporting research activities such as grant writing, research design and project management; and active participation in relevant Centre, Divisional and University research initiatives. You will be responsible for delivering high quality research outcomes to meet the Excellence in Research in Australia (ERA) criteria and requirements of research funders.
The position may also supervise honours and higher degree by research students, and actively engage with the child and family welfare sector to enhance the use of evidence in policy and practice as applicable.
Skills and Experience
To be suitable for this opportunity, you will meet all the following criteria:
- Demonstrated understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods, and experience in supporting qualitative and/or quantitative research projects.
- Demonstrated organisational skills and an ability to set and achieve priorities, monitor workflow, and manage resources to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Relevant experience in developing writings on research findings for a variety of audiences including policy, practice and academic communities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and commitment to working in a collaborative and collegiate environment as part of the Centre’s research programme.
- Previous experience in research, policy or practice in child protection or out of home care services, or with children who have experienced or who are at risk of experiencing abuse and neglect is highly desirable.
For ARA / ARAS:
- An Honours degree (level ARA) or a post-graduate qualification/s (level ARAS) in psychology, social work, social policy or closely related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on research projects with multiple stakeholders.
- A Doctorate in psychology, social work, social policy or closely related discipline.
More criteria that needs to be responded to can be found within the position description
A University of Enterprise
The University of South Australia (UniSA) is an innovative, outward-looking institution known for its strong and engaged research and its experientially-based teaching and learning that is conducted in close collaboration with business, industry, government and the professions.
In recent years, we have maintained a strong upward trajectory across a number of key indicators and are ranked among the world’s top 50 young institutions. We are committed to international education activities and alumni, graduates who are equipped to meet the demands and expectations of the worldwide workforce, a culturally diverse staff and increasing student mobility.
Benefits on Offer
At UniSA, we seek to enrich people’s lives through the creation and application of knowledge. Our staff love to be a part of an organisational culture that promotes a strong commitment to educating professionals, sharing knowledge, and engaging with our communities.
We offer a competitive remuneration package that includes generous superannuation contributions of up to 17%, and we have a family friendly approach to ensure you enjoy a healthy work/life balance.
Lodging your Application
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit https://workingatunisa.nga.net.au/. Please refer to the online application form which will indicate which selection criteria you need to address. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact Pam Mitchell Recruitment Central on +618 8302 1700 or via email to email@example.com using job reference number #1294.
Applications close: 9:00 am Monday 16 July 2018
Pursuant to the Children's Protection Act 1993 (SA), this position has been deemed prescribed. This role will require the successful candidate to hold a current South Australian Working with Children Assessment.
- Preview Application Form
In addition to your salary, the University will make employer superannuation contributions. The amount of superannuation you are entitled to will depend on the nature of your employment. You will also be entitled to annual leave loading, and other beneficial employment conditions. See more benefits of working for UniSA
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online through Working at UniSA. If you experience any difficulty lodging your application visit FAQs.
For further support contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.
- If you have NOT registered with our e-recruitment system, you can begin your Application by clicking the 'Begin' button below.
- If you are unsure if you have registered before, click here and follow the steps
- FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN DETAILS? click here and follow the steps
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Psychology Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Adelaide