Postdoctoral Fellow in Civil Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- Be responsible for the experimental aspects of the Warm Rubberized Asphalt Concrete project and the utilization of the test results for development of a holistic design procedure for Warm Rubberized Asphalt Concrete mixes
- Develop a holistic design procedure for Warm Rubberized Asphalt Concrete mixes on the basis of multi-scale chemo-mechanical test results
- Select, prepare, perform and analyze the results of multi-scale tests for identification of the basic chemo-mechanical properties of the constituents of Rubberized Asphalt Concrete mixes and their interactions.
- Participate in the team effort for the development of physico-mechanical constitutive models and methodologies for identification of the significance of the various mix components and design parameters in the overall mix performance and resistance to damage.
- Lead the team efforts for the development of a guideline for optimization of Rubberized Asphalt Concrete mix design.
- Participate in the supervision of the activities of PhD and MSc students.
- PhD in Civil Engineering with emphasis on material testing
- Experience in the technology, testing and modelling of the response of asphalt concrete mixes and the development of mix design specifications. Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience on rubberized asphalt mixes.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement