Research Assistant in Computer Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To conduct research under the newly-created Center for Cyberphysical Systems (C2PS) in the area of hardware acceleration of cloud computing workloads, including compute-intensive AI components such as large-scale deep learning neural networks.
- To present research findings internally and externally at meetings, workshops, and conferences
- To document research findings in high-quality publications
- Provide research support for cloud computing and hardware acceleration research projects.
- Provide research support for the development, implementation, testing, and documentation, of novel cloud computing services such as the ones related to hardware acceleration.
- Provide research support for planning academic meetings, workshops, conferences, and other collaborative activities.
- Survey and compare existing platforms of hardware services for cloud computing acceleration.
- Use open sources cloud computing frameworks for the design and implementation of a novel interface for a cloud computing service dedicated to the acceleration of Artificial Intelligence workloads.
- Collaborate with hardware designers and microsystems engineers for the embedding of such interface within a full flow for cloud computing hardware acceleration.
- Education: BSc or MSc in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent.
- Certification: None is required but familiarity with cloud computing services such as Amazon Web Services will be helpful.
- Other Requirements: Good verbal and written communication skills in English are required. Preference will be given to candidates with technical publications in their record. Strong programming and software skills are a must
- Industrial and/or academic experience in an R & D context is desirable.
- This position requires dedication to teamwork, proven ability to learn new and evolving technologies, and the flexibility to adapt to the fast-paced area at the intersection between cloud computing, Artificial Intelligence, and hardware design.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement