Postdoctoral Fellow in Applied Mathematics
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- Provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Present and publish in international peer-reviewed conference and journals
- Work with the PI in offering advising and guiding graduate students if needed.
- Present on-campus seminars on research work and results.
- Constructing model(s) for the quantum-CPS consistent with existing models to ensure quantum upgradeability.
- Testing the implementation of the model.
- Qualifying the effect of the quality of a random number generator on Bayesian deep leaning performance and big data analysis, for the purposes of bringing up the current CPS speed and security to its natural limits in the run up to the Quantum Information Processing.
- Developing model(s) for quantum random number generation using non-Gaussian, non-linear oscillators and using these as clock signals in digital circuits as a method for obfuscating the circuit processing.
- Using quantum algorithms (QA) and procedures such as quantum game theory to enable optimization of some CPS protocols.
- PhD in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Quantum Optics or Quantum Key Distribution
- Programming skill in scientific software such as Matlab or Mathematica. Object-oriented programming skills in Python a plus.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
More searches like this
- Permanent Computer Science Postdocs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Postdocs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Postdocs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physical Sciences Postdocs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physics & Astronomy Postdocs jobs in United Arab Emirates