Postdoctoral Fellow in Nuclear Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Under the general supervision of the Head of the Radiometrics Laboratory, the incumbent will:
- Collect and pre-treat marine and atmospheric environmental samples in the laboratory and during such research expeditions;
- Perform radiochemical analysis and modelling techniques on marine and atmospheric environmental samples;
- Evaluate and interpret conventional spectrometry measurements (alpha, beta and gamma);
- Prepare tables, graphs and internal reports describing analytical results;
- Investigate and measure characteristics of detectors in the counting laboratory, and if necessary perform in situ analysis of radionuclides in the marine environment;
- Perform ICP-MS analysis of radionuclides in relevant samples;
- Provide general support to other activities in the radiochemistry laboratories. Prepare reports, papers, and technical presentations on the outcomes.
- A PhD degree in Nuclear (Environmental) Science or a closely related discipline such as Nuclear Science or Radiochemistry. We seek a candidate with a demonstrated ability to conduct independent research in nuclear analytical techniques
- The successful applicant should be strongly motivated, have the capability to work independently as well as in collaboration with members of the research group.
- A superior academic performance and publication record.
- The position will also require independent work in addition to collaborative skills and creative thinking. In addition, good oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- Knowledge of nuclear and environmental science, modelling techniques.
- Knowledge of basic radiochemical procedures, radioactivity counting methods and good laboratory practices.
- Ability to prepare environmental samples, perform basic radiochemistry analyses and use radiation spectrometry systems.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Postdocs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physical Sciences Postdocs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Postdocs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Postdocs jobs in United Arab Emirates