Research Scientist in Mechanical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- Provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- The post doc main responsibility is to plan and carry out the observational campaign for characterization of atmospheric extinction. The post-doc will develop instrumentation specially designed for dusty-arid subtropical atmospheric conditions, such as a 6-band 1-axis forward-scattering irradiometer and small portable spectro-polarimeters.
- UAV and roving platforms for reliably and repeatably measuring spectral albedo over extended (1 km2) areas will also be developed.
- The data described above will be needed to assessment of aerosol impacts on DNI trends (spectral, angular and attenuation), as inputs to RT models and for verification of RT analysis, satellite retrievals and for assessing future scenarios
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral fellow must acquire varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from their supervisor. These skills include the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style (both in oral and written modes of communication) the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- To plan and carry out the observational campaign for extinction characterization,
- Develop the instrumentation specially designed for dusty-arid subtropical atmospheric conditions
- Interpret the data to assess the impact of aerosol on DNI trends
- Support RT modeling/analysis and satellite retrievals
- MSc and PhD in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics or appropriate interdisciplinary PhD
- Solar energy research, instrumentation and optical lab experience. Modeling of thermal and electrical systems. Experience in project management. Willingness to travel and work under field campaign conditions.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Research & Innovation jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physical Sciences Research & Innovation jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Research & Innovation jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physics & Astronomy Research & Innovation jobs in United Arab Emirates