Salary: $99,199 - $107,370 plus 9.5% superannuation
The Management Accountant is a key position in the Management Accounting and Reporting Team within the University Services Operations Portfolio, reporting to the Manager of Finance. The Management Accountant is responsible for providing financial management support across University Services Portfolios.
About the Role
In this role you will partner with Portfolio Executive Directors and Senior Managers to provide financial and non-financial advice for strategic and operational decision making through insights that drive better business performance.
You will also provide an efficient, seamless, consistent and coordinated budget management, reconciliation and financial reporting service for University Services Portfolios to ensure the timely and compliant submission of budget and financial data and information.
This role is on offer for a fixed-term period of 12 months.
To make this role your success, you will be highly focused and committed to making a difference, dedicated to driving improvements within the Portfolio, strong business partnering, and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, which will allow you to gain the confidence of and develop strong professional relationships with stakeholders and customers at all levels.
As an ideal candidate you will have:
- Post graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline and or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience
- Significant management accounting experience within a large and complex organisation.
- CPA/CA (Preferred)
- Strong commercial business acumen and experience
- Proven ability to effectively manage large, complex budgets
- Strong analytical, research, problem-solving and conceptual skills with an ability to display sound initiative and provide creative and effective solutions to issues as they arise;
Working collaboratively within the University Services portfolios, you can expect to be part of a supportive and collegiate team culture.
Close date: 17 July 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria