Research Engineer, Center for Cyber-Physical Systems
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Provide support toward the identification and development of the C2PS partnerships with government agencies, private sector actors, other universities, and individuals, nationally and internationally.
- Provide support for laboratory activities
- Setting up hardware and software environments as required by research activities
- Provide support for related research projects
- Provide support for drafting of research proposals
- Compiling, organizing, summarizing and/or presenting requested information
- Provide support for educational program development
- Provide support for curriculum development
- Provide support for planning academic meetings, workshops, conferences and other collaborative activities.
- Provide support toward identifying academic and other events, nationally, regionally and globally, of potential interest for KU.
- Performs other similar or related duties as and when assigned by the director.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in related specializations with relevant professional background.
- A minimum of (1) year of relevant professional experience doing research-related work with universities or related institution.
- Background in the areas of cyber-physical systems is preferred.
- Expertise in Linux operating system and network configuration and management.
- Must possess required knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job effectively including: problem solving, planning and organizing, ethics and integrity and cross-cultural sensitivity.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement