Postdoctoral Research Associate in Computer Science and Engineering
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Faculty of Engineering at UNSW is a national and international leader in engineering research and education and is the University’s premier research Faculty. It is the largest Engineering Faculty in Australia, graduating the largest number of engineers and with the largest research expenditure. Through excellence in fundamental and applied research the Faculty aims to be placed in the top 20 internationally by 2025.
About the role
The Postdoctoral Research Associate sits in the Programming Languages and Compilers Group within the School of Computer Science and Engineering. The Postdoctoral Research Associate will also collaborate with the Distributed Systems Security at Data61, CSIRO. The Postdoctoral Research Associate will undertake and develop outstanding research in program analysis for mobile code security, with a focus on developing static and dynamic analysis techniques for finding bugs and security vulnerabilities in Android apps.
- A$73,597 - $121,478 plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed term contract (36 months, immediate start)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD (or very near completion) in Computer Science;
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas static analysis, pointer/alias analysis, dynamic analysis, abstract interpretation, symbolic execution, malware analysis, mobile security and machine learning.
- Demonstrated skills in developing program analysis tools for detecting bugs and security vulnerabilities in Android apps and/or other complex software systems;
- Knowledge and experience in implementing program analysis techniques in production-quality compiler or program analysis tools;
- Demonstrated skills in abstraction, algorithmic and software architecture;
- Demonstrated understanding of software lifecycle, design, implementation and testing.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a research team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships;
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
In addition to the above, essential criteria for Level B include:
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research under limited supervision
- Excellent communication skills and experience with managing various project partners;
- Strong publication record, particularly in high-quality peer reviewed journals;
Please systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Position Description: Postdoctoral Research Associate - Computer Science & Engineering.pdf