Adjunct Lecturer in Biology, Chemistry and Social Science
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
The Adjunct Lecturer shall be responsible dissemination of knowledge through graduate teaching. Their activities will include the preparation of teaching material, the preparation and administration of assessment material, recording attendance and mentoring or advising postgraduate students.
- Prepare teaching material including course outline, syllabus and lesson plans. Revise the subject matter on a regular basis as appropriate for that subject.
- Teach at the graduate level in subject areas related to his/her discipline on time schedules allocated by the Line Manager.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- Provide students with detailed syllabus, methods of instruction and evaluation in their courses.
- Engage in the selection of textbooks and other teaching aids necessary to the instruction of courses.
- Monitor students’ performance in their subject areas and provides remedial classes when necessary.
- Set and mark exams, coursework, assignments, laboratory work, homework, and any other relevant activity.
- Use up-to-date instructional technology and ensure the delivery is clear and consistent.
- A minimum of a Master degree in a field of Biology, Chemistry, Social Science from an accredited institution.
- Instructors with an education background (Master) and can demonstrate experience in teaching technical disciplines in a science or engineering setting are also encouraged to apply.
- Instructors from a medical background (MBBS or MD) with experience and a passion for medical education are also encouraged to apply.
- Preference will be given to candidates with education from pre-eminent institutions of higher education.
How To Apply
In order to be considered for a Adjunct appointment you must hold UAE visa from your current employer / or spouse/ or other in the UAE and you can confirm that you will receive a No Objection Letter from your current sponsor in order to take up an Adjunct appointment at Khalifa University.
More searches like this
- Permanent Biological Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Life sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Chemistry Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates