Research Associate in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering is the largest School in the Faculty of Engineering, with approximately 3,300 students and an operating budget of $23 million. The School has 48 full time academic staff, 27 professional staff and technical staff and 80 research only appointments. The School’s mission is to develop well-educated graduates with the essential skills, attributes and knowledge that will enable them to practice as professional civil or environmental engineers; and to conduct research and development of international distinction to meet the needs of the discipline, industry and society. For more information visit: http://www.civeng.unsw.edu.au/
About the role
The position’s objective is to deliver research outcomes from NCRIS Groundwater Infrastructure data to improve the understanding of groundwater processes and their connection to climate variability and change. The position is primarily based at the Water Research Laboratory at Manly Vale with limited fieldwork throughout New South Wales.
- A$73,597 - $98,127 plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed term contract (12months)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
- Manly Vale
About the successful applicant
- PhD (or soon to be awarded) in Environmental Engineering or related area of physics, science or hydrology;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research with limited supervision;
- Demonstrated track record of publications and conference presentations based on large datasets;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships;
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students;
- Proven experience with processing, analysing, and interpreting large datasets;
- Experience with fieldwork, deployment of monitoring equipment and data interpretation desirable but not essential;
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Please systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Please click 'Apply now' - applications will not be accepted any other way.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Research Associate jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Research Associate jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Civil Engineering Research Associate jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Physics & Astronomy Research Associate jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Research Associate jobs in Sydney