Gross Anatomy Support Unit Manager
Gross Anatomy Support Manager
- State of art facilities including 3D VR Technology
- Deliver strategic and operational management to the dedicated team
- Grow a career that makes a difference by collaborating and learning from the finest
- Located Sydney, Australia
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning. Teaching and research, with close affiliations to several Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organizations.
The Gross Anatomy Support Unit (GASU) consists of several distinct spaces within the modern Wallace Wurth Building, and will shortly include a newly constructed suite of labs and learning spaces with state-of-the-art visualisation capacity ready for 3D Virtual and Augmented Reality integration. The unit is well-equipped with dissection and teaching laboratories, mortuary.
- $102K-$115K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The GASU Manager is responsible for coordinating the operations of the GASU to ensure that the Unit meets the needs of the Department of Anatomy’s teaching and research requirements. With a strong focus on Workplace Health and Safety, the GASU Manager leads the team to deliver and maintain high standards of work practice and supports a culture of continuous improvement in the operation of the GASU. The Manager is an integral part of the Department’s team and has a significant role in ensuring that GASU’s compliance with the Anatomy Licence requirements.
About the successful applicant
- Relevant tertiary qualification in relevant discipline
- Knowledge of medical sciences and proven capability in cadaveric embalming and preservation techniques
- Knowledge of NSW Anatomy Act 1977 and NSW Human Tissue and Anatomy Legislation Amendment Act 2003 with proven ability to apply this in the workplace
- Strong management skills
- Experience in managing an anatomy laboratory or mortuary facility
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed
Faculty of Medicine
T: +61 2 9385 8025
Applications close: 11:00 pm 31st July 2018
Find out more about working at UNSW at jobs.unsw.edu.au
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity