Research Technician/Staff Engineer
Vacant fixed term, full time 100 % position as Staff Engineer (Avdelingsingeniør, 1085) at the Cardiac Exercise Research Group (www.ntnu.edu/cerg), Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, Faculty of Medicine, NTNU (Trondheim, Norway).
Here at CERG we investigate the effects of exercise in chronic diseases, such as heart diseases and diabetes, using a wide range of tools spanning from comparative medicine to clinical trials and epidemiological studies. The position has funding for a period of four years, and the successful candidate is expected to start the position in the autumn 2018.
The candidate will work specifically on a project headed by Researcher Jose Bianco Moreira, and financed by the Research Council of Norway. In this project we will interrogate several molecular mechanisms in vitro and in vivo, to verify whether the mechanisms of exercise can provide the basis for novel treatments for heart and muscle diseases.
NTNU Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences offers excellent working conditions in one of Europe’s most modern research facilities. Highly motivated candidates willing to pursue an academic career may receive training for future academic positions and be co-authors in the articles (when taking part in critical intellectual decisions such as research planning, data interpretation, manuscript writing).
- Cell culture (primary and cell lines);
- Molecular biology techniques (PCR, cloning, western blot);
- Maintenance of cell culture laboratories (stock material, sterile environment);
- Assessment of mitochondrial function in cells and tissue;
- Experiments with laboratory rodents;
- Histological techniques;
- Bachelor-level degree in Biology, Physiology, Sports Science, Physical Education, Medicine or another area within biological sciences. A Master’s degree is advantageous, but not required.
- Previous work experience with the following molecular biology methods: RNA isolation, real-time PCR, western blotting and ELISA.
- Previous work experience with mammalian cell culture: transfection, passaging and microscopy analysis.
- Experience in comparative medicine (in-vivo animal testing, rodents)
- FELASA Certification
- Fluent English (written and oral).
- Computer skills (e.g. Mcrosoft Excel, PowerPoint, data analysis/statistics software).
- Genetics (e.g. molecular cloning and/or bioinformatics analysis of genome/RNA sequencing).
- Protein biochemistry (e.g. protein structure, function and/or proteomics methods).
Chosen applicants will be invited to undergo an interview.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background.
Depending on qualifications and academic background, Engineers (code 1085) will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 371 500 per year before tax. Normal wage level is NOK 374 500 - 442 400, depending on qualifications. A deduction of 2 % is made as a statutory contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
How to apply?
Applications must be submitted using the job portal www.jobbnorge.no.
Please attach the following:
- A cover letter describing why you are an excellent candidate for the position (single page, no formatting requirements).
- CV (education, internships and/or work experience. Technical expertise. List of publications, if any).
- Reference persons (at least one). This could be a previous supervisor, project leader, university professor, or any other superior you have worked with. Applications without this information will not be considered. Be aware that reference check will be conducted.
- If you have been acknowledged in research articles, please attach a copy or reference information.
- Any other document you consider relevant.
Candidates from non-English speaking countries outside the Nordic countries are encouraged to provide official documentation of their English competence. Approved tests are TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE). The following results are required: TOEFL: 600 / writing 4.5 (paper-based test), 92 / writing 22 (internet- based test) IELTS: 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5 (only Academic IELTS test accepted) CAE/CPE: grade B or A.>
Candidates from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a Diploma Supplement or a similar document, which describes in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree: http://ec.europa.eu/education/tools/diploma-supplement_en.htm
For inquiries regarding the position, please contact:
Researcher Jose Bianco Moreira, Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, NTNU, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +47 92532024.
For inquiries regarding the application process, please contact:
HR Consultant Sissel Sollien, phone: + 47 48 05 11 91, email: email@example.com
About this job
- Deadline Sunday, July 29, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet
- Municipality Trondheim
- Place of service Trondheim
- Jobbnorge ID 154877
- Internal ID 2018/16091
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Permanent
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!
More searches like this
- Permanent Biological Sciences Research & Innovation jobs in Norway
- Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research & Innovation jobs in Norway
- Permanent Sport Science Research & Innovation jobs in Norway
- Permanent Life sciences Research & Innovation jobs in Norway
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Research & Innovation jobs in Norway