Faculty Business Analyst, Faculty of Science and Engineering
$98,744 - 105,304 plus 17% superannuation
Curtin University is ranked in the top 200 universities worldwide (ARWU 2017), and in the top 50 in the world for universities under the age of 50 (QS World University Rankings 2017). In recent years, Curtin has climbed significantly in global league tables and in the 2016 Nature Index results, Curtin was named as a rising star, the most collaborative of the Australian universities, and the biggest Australian mover. Curtin is industry-facing, highly engaged with relevant partners, and a major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, and Dubai.
Help us build Curtin's Future.
Your new role
A rare opportunity for a Faculty Business Analyst to undertake analysis of business intelligence to provide accurate and up-to-date information to inform Faculty planning and decision making.This is a position of extreme significance within the Faculty of Science and Engineering as part of delivering the University strategy. The position provides recommendations on changes that add value to the Faculty business and the identification of opportunities for increased productivity based on both present evidence and future forecasts.
You will bring to the role
- Completion of relevant tertiary qualifications and extensive relevant experience in business analysis; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
- Demonstrated experience in the research and analysis on a range of issues and the ability to provide recommendations for business improvement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Higher education environment and an understanding of the operations of a university.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, including complex statistical and data modelling and analyses and the capacity to develop innovative and applicable solutions to problems.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills especially with the Microsoft suite of applications, in particular the creation of Excel spreadsheets with formulas and the creation and maintenance of databases.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and oral communication skills with the ability to consult effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven high level written communication skills with the ability to draft clear and concise and authoritative reports and briefings.
What we offer you
The Faculty of Science and Engineering offers exciting career paths and trajectories including conducting innovative work that will make a real difference.
The salary ranges presented are those which are contained within the University's Enterprise Agreements; as are the employee benefits which include employer superannuation contribution at the rate of the current Government Superannuation Guarantee amount up to 17 percent, study assistance, a comprehensive salary packaging and wellness programs and flexible and family friendly work practices.
What we need from you
You are encouraged to respond specifically to the selection criteria.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
Applications close: 5 pm, Monday 16 July 2018
Valuing diversity and Inclusion
Curtin University embraces diversity and inclusion and invites applications from women, men and At Curtin, we are committed to Indigenous reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any ability assistance.
Curtin are recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality, are a proud member of the Athena SWAN SAGE pilot, hold Silver recognition for LGBTIQ+ inclusion and are the first West Australian University to hold an elevate Reconciliation Action Plan as well as the first to become White Ribbon accredited.
Explore some more https://scieng.curtin.edu.au/
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Lily Dewse, People Capability Consultant
Phone: +61 8 9266 4774
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.