Senior Executive Assistant (Executive Office)
Vice Chancellors Office (Executive Office)
Location: University Park
Salary: £29,799 to £38,833 per annum (pro-rata if applicable) depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
Closing Date: Saturday 21 July 2018
Interview Date: Friday 27 July 2018
To achieve our vision of being a seamless and agile team, we are seeking applications from high quality professional administration managers whose backgrounds and experience enhance our existing team. The successful candidate will manage a team of executive assistants to deliver an exceptional professional service; provide exemplary executive support direct to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor; take a solution focussed approach and drive forward service improvement; and develop a depth of understanding of UEB portfolios supported by the team.We are looking for a Senior Executive Assistant whose expertise lie in managing a team of administrators to provide exemplary professional support to Senior Executives in a proactive and flexible way. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager to join the Governance and Executive Support team.
You will be able to carry out the required duties to the highest standard and to evidence how, through your personal experience and background, you will be able to:
- Lead and manage a team of administrators to provide proactive and flexible professional support to University Executive Board Members through seamless team working
- Switch effortlessly between different tasks and demands, working at pace and with high volume
- Manage highly complex and demanding diaries to ensure the most effective use of Members’ time
- Ensure continuous service improvement
- Provide secretariat support for committees and meetings
- Draft a variety of correspondence including presentations, speeches and briefings
- Work with colleagues across the University to provide support to high profile events and delegations
- Work with senior executives
- Deliver strong team working and communication skills
- Develop enthusiasm within an administrative team for embracing new ways of working
- Use your excellent IT skills
To apply for this position please ‘apply now’ and complete an application. Our application process is designed to allow you to bring your experiences and background to life and it enables you to tell us more about you.
We believe this is a unique opportunity to join the Executive Office team working at the heart of the University where the successful candidate will gain an unparalleled insight across a broad range of portfolios.
Candidates should be educated to degree level plus significant hands on experience in a similar role, or a proven track record of extensive relevant work experience, demonstrating deep and broad knowledge of the area gained through progressively more complex roles, with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office systems especially the use of Office 365 and use of business systems for progressing work and have relevant work experience.
This is a full-time, permanent post and the successful candidates will be required to work 36.25 hours per week. A flexible approach to working is required in order to provide cover during office hours. Applications for job share will be accepted.