Senior Learning Designer
- Work within a proactive and collaborative team
- Full-time, fixed-term until 31 December 2018
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives.
Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university: one unbound by ivory towers and sandstone walls. Rather, we are focused on fostering collaboration between students, academics, industry and society, encouraging all to traverse the boundaries of their own perspective and affect change.
Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. A place of constant stimulus and human interaction.
Together, we advance world-class theoretical thinking and translate it into real-world solutions. We’re connecting people across the most diverse fields of knowledge to create bold new possibilities: for their careers, intellectual endeavours, enterprises and the common good.
At Macquarie, people become skilled at switching between specialist and generalist mindsets; mastering complexity, thinking holistically and helping to create a better future.
Connect with us today.
The Learning Innovation Hub supports and services the University community to inspire, promote and lead transformations in education.
We are seeking an experienced and proactive Senior Learning Designer to be part of the Strategy team in the Learning Innovation Hub. The team offers wide-ranging support to Macquarie’s faculties and teaching and learning units in curriculum design, educational media production, professional development and other support in learning and teaching.
Reporting to the Strategic and Innovation Lead, you will:
- Develop and co-ordinate learning and teaching initiatives by promoting awareness of models, methods and technologies;
- Develop and implement learning and teaching strategies, programs and practices for faculties on a project basis, in cooperation with the Community of Practice Lead and relevant Faculty Associate Deans, Learning and Teaching;
- Design, develop, implement and evaluate curriculum and resources for academic staff to enable blended, face to face and online teaching and learning;
- Work in close collaboration with faculties to develop and transform educational resources through coaching, pedagogy and design.
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) which addresses the criteria below and upload this and your CV as part of the application process:
- Degree in education/educational technologies with relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience;
- Knowledge of online and blended learning pedagogies and learning design models;
- Demonstrated experience in designing learning and teaching resources and/or professional development workshops;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively as part of a cross functional team and across a range of stakeholders;
- High level of written communication and presentation skills; and
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Salary Package: From $100,706 to $112.058 p.a. (Level 8), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed-term, available immediately until 31 December 2018
Specific Role Enquiries: Tanya Rose, Strategic and Innovation Lead on firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Recruitment Enquiries: Patsy Moss, HR Administrator on email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday, 15 July 2018 at 11:55pm (AEDT)
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.