Associate Professor in Politics and International Relations, School of Social Sciences
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
- Location- Sydney, Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Social Sciences is an exceptional community of scholars who are at the forefront of a wide range of social science and humanities disciplines.
About the role
- $149,736 plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Continuing- Full time
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
A Level D academic is expected to make a significant contribution to all activities of the organisational unit or interdisciplinary area and play a significant role within their profession or discipline. Academics at this level may be appointed in recognition of distinction in their disciplinary area. Specific duties required of a Level D academic may include:
- The conduct of tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and studio sessions.
- The development of and responsibility for curriculum/programs of study.
- Course coordination.
- The preparation and delivery of lectures and seminars.
- Supervision of major honours or postgraduate research projects.
- Supervision of the program of study of honours students and of postgraduate students engaged in course work.
- The conduct of research, including, where appropriate, leadership of a large research team.
- Significant contribution to the profession, and/or discipline.
- High level administrative functions.
- Consultation with students.
- Marking and assessment.
- Attendance at departmental and faculty meetings.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description (see below) in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Steve Lalic Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (61 2) 9385 3426