Professor in Politics and International Relations, School of Social Sciences
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
- Location- Sydney, Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Social Sciences is an exceptional community of scholars who are at the forefront of a wide range of social science and humanities disciplines.
About the role
- $191,509 plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Continuing- Full time
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
A Level E academic is expected to exercise a special responsibility in providing leadership and in fostering excellence in research, teaching, professional activities and policy development in the academic discipline within the department or other comparable organisational unit, within the institution and within the community, both scholarly and general. Specific duties required of a Level E academic may include:
- Provision of a continuing high level of personal commitment to, and achievement in, a particular scholarly area. The conduct of research.
- Fostering the research of other groups and individuals within the department or other comparable organisational unit and within the discipline and within related disciplines.
- Development of research policy.
- Supervision of the program of study of honours students or of postgraduate students engaged in course work.
- Supervision of major honours or postgraduate research projects.
- Making a distinguished personal contribution to teaching at all levels.
- The conduct of tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and studio sessions.
- The preparation and delivery of lectures and seminars.
- Consultation with students.
- Marking and assessment.
- Playing an active role in the maintenance of academic standards and in the development of educational policy and of curriculum areas within the discipline.
- Developing policy and being involved in administrative matters within the department or other comparable organisational unit and within the institution.
- Participating in and providing leadership in community affairs, particularly those related to the discipline, in professional, commercial and industrial sectors where appropriate.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description (see below) in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Steve Lalic Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (61 2) 9385 3426