Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Social Work, School of Social Sciences
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
- Location- Sydney, Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Social Sciences is an exceptional community of scholars who are at the forefront of a wide range of social science and humanities disciplines.
About the role
- $103,047-$125,160 plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Continuing- Full time
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
This position is expected to make significant contributions to the teaching effort of the institution, and to carry out activities to maintain and develop their scholarly, research and/or professional activities relevant to the profession or discipline.
Specific duties required of a Level B academic may include:
- The conduct of tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and studio sessions.
- Initiation and development of subject or course material.
- Acting as subject or course coordinators.
- The preparation and delivery of lectures or seminars.
- Development of course material with appropriate advice from and support of more senior academics.
- Marking and assessment.
- Consultation with students.
- The conduct of research.
- A range of administrative functions the majority of which are connected with the subjects in which the academic teaches.
- Attendance at departmental and/or faculty meetings and/or membership of a number of committees.
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others
Additional duties required of a level C include:
- Initiation and development of course material and program development.
- Course, and where appropriate, program coordination.
- Significant role in research projects including, where appropriate, leadership of a research team.
- Broad administrative functions, including where appropriate, leadership positions within the school
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description (see below) in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Steve Lalic Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (61 2) 9385 3426