Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor Speech Pathology
- Join the established and largest Australian rural health school
- Lead our enthusiastic, high performing and cohesive academic team
- Work in this vibrant and culturally enriched region renowned for great lifestyle
- Full time, continuing role $111,162- $147,459 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence, it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we are passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
Take a leading role and contribute to the teaching and research excellence at the La Trobe Rural Health School. This position will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Design, coordinate and teach subjects and courses which provide a high quality learning experience that engages undergraduate, and postgraduate students
- Conduct and lead innovative and high impact research and produce highly cited publications resulting from that research
- Contribute to the building of a robust and ambitious research culture within La Trobe
- Supervise Higher Degree by Research (HDR), and postgraduate students
Skills & Experience
You will possess a PhD qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience. A successful record of external research funding through competitive grants coupled with demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, including content development, with a commitment to quality learning is essential.
Your effective contributions to leadership and management, a successful record of PhD student supervision and effective stakeholder management skills will see you succeed in this role.
Please indicate which level role you wish to apply for.
How to Apply
Closing date: 5 August 2018
Position Enquiries: Melissa Favata 03 9479 2030
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact HR Assist on 9479 1234.