Research Associate, Research and Graduate Studies
2 days left
- Full Time
Organization Name Research and graduate studies
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- The Research Associate will be involved in a research project in nanomaterials and nano-devices. The successful candidate is required to use the nanofabrication facility and lab equipment to fabricate and test nano-devices and nanomaterials. He/She will work with the research team to design and conduct the required experiments and optimize the device design and performance. The applicant should have experience with handling nanoparticles, ALD, CVD, lithography, and AFM. The applicant should also have good analytical and programming skills. He/She is expected to possess an engineering or science degree with a strong academic record.
- The candidate will be responsible for handling nanomaterials, designing and conducting experiments using the nanofabrication facility and characterization equipment. Drafting papers to be submitted to high quality journals and conferences
- The candidate will help with training and supervising graduate students in their research.
- PhD/MSc in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Applied Science
- Experience with fabrication facility and testing instruments.
- Experience with handling nanomaterials and nanoparticles.
- Experience with LabVIEW and computer programing, like Matlab.
- Experience with scanning probe microscopy (AFM or STM).
- Experience with ultra-high vacuum (UHV) system is an asset.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement