Finance Team Manager - Science
Location: University Park
Salary: £29,799 to £38,833 per annum (pro-rata if applicable) depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
Closing Date: Wednesday 18 July 2018
The role holder will be responsible for leading the team (currently 5 staff) and effectively managing daily processes and tasks, providing a high level of customer service to service users, particularly related to Purchasing. The role will report into the Finance Manager - Faculty of Science.Applications are invited for this permanent post in the Financial Management Department delivering financial support to the Faculty of Science – based at University Park.
Other responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Contributing to the change management process at the University and implementing changes to financial processes to add value and make ‘lean’ improvements;
- Providing operational advice to business unit management and influencing business decisions;
- Day to day responsibility for managing the Faculty's procurement processes to meet University and regulatory criteria;
- Management of staff, prioritising and allocating work across the team to ensure equality, manage staff development and deliver excellent standards of customer service;
- Review, standardise and improve processes across the team and where appropriate working with other teams to develop wider best practice;
- Review and authorise expenditure;
- Oversee the expenses and travel processes in accordance with internal and external policies;
- Advising both finance and non-finance staff (including academics and students) on financial processes, purchasing and assisting them to understand the finances of the projects they manage;
- Assisting and training staff in the use of University financial systems and processes;
- Assisting Faculty Finance Manager in providing financial support within the Faculty
- Dealing with ad-hoc and often complex queries as and when required
This position is full time, permanent. Applications for job share will be accepted.