Accounting Assistant - Science
Accounting Assistant - Science Financial Management
Location: University Park
Salary: £22,876 to £27,285 per annum (pro-rata if applicable) depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
Closing Date: Wednesday 18 July 2018
Applications are invited for the role of Accountancy Assistant in the Financial Management Department. The role is based in the Faculty of Science team based at University Park.
The role would provide a range of accounting duties. Major aspects of the role would include management of pay budgets and databases, capitalisation of equipment, operational budget preparation, monthly management accounts transactions and financial management of scholarships.
- AAT qualified or broad substantial relevant experience in finance
- Confidence in double entry book keeping and familiarity with accounting terms
- Highly numerate with good attention to detail and the ability to pro-actively check work
- Competent IT user (predominately use of Excel)
- Experience of accounting software packages (Agresso experience would be an advantage)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines
- Comfortable working in a team environment and able to use own initiative
Excellent inter-personal skills, a professional approach in dealing with finance based and non-finance based staff.
This position is full time permanent, applications for job share will be accepted.