Course Management Senior Officer
- Provide support to the Curriculum Reform Project
- Full time, fixed-term role until March 2019 based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $63,424 – $71,423 plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
In this role you will play an active role in the review and implementation of course information systems and processes. Provide assistance to the Academic Standards and Quality team to ensure course information is accurately reflected in all sources of information; and support the teaching and administrative processes associated with the establishment and delivery of academic programs within the College.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this role you will have completed a Degree with relevant experience or have an equivalent combination of knowledge, training and experience. You will undertake the following but not limited to:
- Support Curriculum team within Schools and College in the day-to-day administrative functions required for course information management
- Liaise with the Curriculum team to ensure all relevant deadlines are adhered to for publication of course and subject information
- Assist in the preparation of documentation regarding quality assurance processes for subjects and courses, guided by policies, precedents, and professional standards and managerial or specialist expertise
- Provides assistance to facilitate subject and course changes as part of the course architecture implementation process
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop excellent working relationships with and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to provide interpretation, advice and decisions on rules and entitlements.
- Effective analytical and problem solving ability.
Please refer to the Position Description for other skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 15 July, 2018 (11:55pm)
Position Enquiries: Bindhu George, Curriculum Project Leader +61 3 9479 1734 / email@example.com
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have any questions regarding how to apply for this role, please contact HR Assist on 9479 1234.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.