Director Project Delivery Services
- Make your mark heading up IT Project Delivery Services
- Attractive Executive Salary + Bonus & Super
- 3 year fixed term contract, Hawthorn Campus
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen to join Swinburne University’s IT Services division in the position of Director, Project Delivery Services. This executive position will report to the CIO and serves as an integral part of the IT executive leadership team.
The Director, Project Delivery Services will drive the project delivery function for Swinburne IT and head up Swinburne IT Project Management Office (PMO), managing the resource pools for Project Managers and Project Change Managers and providing assurance across all Project Management activities within Swinburne IT. In this role, you will have the vision and drive to develop and maintain the highest quality project management capability across IT, incorporating industry best practice.
You will be working within a highly collaborative unit that promotes innovation and new ways of thinking by being involved in defining the future of Projects at Swinburne IT and the opportunity to work across a diverse range of IT projects in both Enterprise IT and research.
- Have ownership of the project delivery framework and project change management framework
- Focus on culture development
- Lead the IT PMO to support and maintain a project delivery framework for Swinburne IT
- Manage a mixed pool of contract and permanent resources to manage IT projects
- Operational budget management for a portfolio of $20m - $40m
- Be secretariat for the Implementation Review Group, the primary governance body for project initiation
- Project Management Assurance across all IT projects
- Prepare regular portfolio reporting on all projects, for University Executive Group and Resource Committee
You will have:
- Experience in large operational budget management for a portfolio of circa $40m
- Proven experience in leadership and people management, with a focus on driving change to deliver business value
- Extensive experience in managing projects and portfolios of projects of diverse size and complexity
- Proven experience in managing all aspects of vendor relationship, contract negotiations, vendor performance management, transition management, knowledge management, metrics, SLA definition and ongoing measurements
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description.
As a Swinburne staff member you will have access to many benefits such as career development opportunities including 50% study reduction and staff and management development programs. You will receive up to 17% employer contributions (pension) and various discounts on annual Myki cards, private health insurance and movie tickets. We also recognise the need to support the work/life balance and flexible needs of our staff. As such a range of flexible working arrangements including paid maternity/partner leave, onsite childcare, working from home and part time options are available.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit: http://www.swinburne.edu.au/about/jobs/why-work-at-swinburne/
Further information, contacts and support
To start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page to submit a resume and cover page (limit to 1 page) addressing your proven experience in the following areas:
- managing projects and portfolios of projects of diverse size (ideally circa $40m or above) and complexity
- leadership and project management capability uplift, with focus on driving change to deliver business value
For further information about the position, please contact Ny Sok via email at email@example.com or mobile +61 (0)417 722 123
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Officer, Sherrin Trautmann on email@example.com
Applications close at 11:30 pm, Monday the 16th of July 2018
For further details on How to Apply, including Hints & Tips, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions section.