Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Media
The University of Tasmania has recently invested in the creation of a new Media School, located at the Salamanca precinct, Hobart. The Media School offer a Bachelor of Media, articulated honours and postgraduate coursework degrees, and has a growing HDR program. The Bachelor of Media offers specialisms in News and Journalism, Media Practice and Analysis, Screen, and Strategic Communications. We are seeking a Lecturer or a Senior Lecturer to join our team.
The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Media will be required to produce high quality research in a field relevant to Media and contribute to research leadership. The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer will offer units across the Bachelor of Media specialisms.
You will be employed on a full time, ongoing basis.
To be considered, you will have:
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant field.
- A strong record in, and continuing commitment to, research that has achieved national and preferably international recognition and made notable contributions to the field of Journalism, Media and Communications, demonstrated by a record of high-quality publications, presentations at conferences and success in securing external competitive and other funding.
- A record of good contributions to successful research higher degree supervision and completions.
- Experience and demonstrated achievement in University-level teaching and learning, including on-line and blended teaching modes.
- A record of contributing effectively to building and maintaining effective and productive links locally and nationally with the discipline, profession, industry (where relevant) and wider community.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B or Academic Level C and will have a total remuneration package of up to $150,401 comprising base salary within the range of $92,326.00 to $128,548.00 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Kathleen Williams, Head of The Media School, Kathleen.Williams@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 2903.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria in one document.
Applications close Tuesday, 24 July 2018
*Previous applicants need not apply as you will continue to be considered in the recruitment process*