Health and Safety Advisor
4 days left
- Part Time
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives.
Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university: one unbound by ivory towers and sandstone walls. Rather, we are focused on fostering collaboration between students, academics, industry and society, encouraging all to traverse the boundaries of their own perspective and affect change.
Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. A place of constant stimulus and human interaction.
Together, we advance world-class theoretical thinking and translate it into real-world solutions. We’re connecting people across the most diverse fields of knowledge to create bold new possibilities: for their careers, intellectual endeavours, enterprises and the common good.
At Macquarie, people become skilled at switching between specialist and generalist mindsets; mastering complexity, thinking holistically and helping to create a better future.
Connect with us today.
Professional and Community Engagement (PACE) is a University-wide initiative designed to provide all undergraduate students with experiential learning opportunities with a range of local, regional and international partners. By completing a PACE unit, which is a compulsory requirement in all undergraduate degrees, students contribute to partners’ organisational goals and develop skills and capabilities while gaining academic credit towards their degree.
The PACE initiative is a key differentiator of the University’s curriculum for current and potential students. PACE units provide students with practical work experience, enabling them to improve their readiness for work and contribute to the community as active citizens.
PACE is seeking an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to provide expert support and advice to stakeholders to ensure the safe delivery of PACE programs and activities. The successful candidate will: play a leading role in developing, implementing and reviewing the PACE Health and Safety strategy and in contributing the PACE perspective to the University’s health and safety planning; and will collaborate with PACE managers to develop, implement and monitor initiatives designed to ensure safe work practices and to improve risk identification, assessment and management within the context of PACE programs.
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter which addresses the criteria below and upload this with your CV as part of the application process.
- Degree or equivalent in Workplace Health and Safety or related discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety legislation and standards, together with demonstrated experience in the application of health and safety practices and principles in large and diverse organisations.
- Extensive experience in supporting and guiding key stakeholders in undertaking risk, hazard and incident assessments, preferably in an educational context.
- Experience in the development, implementation and on-going facilitation of health and safety education and risk prevention strategies where the ability to adapt and accommodate the diverse requirements given the nature of activities is embraced.
- Experience in reviewing trends, data and incidents to inform future prevention and risk mitigation strategies.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and manage effective reciprocal relationships, engage internal and external stakeholders and affect change through good communication and understanding of the risk drivers.
For further information regarding this role please view the Position Description below.
*This position requires a criminal record check.
Salary Package: from $91,685 – $99,406 p.a. pro-rata (HEW 7) plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Part-time (3 days per week), continuing position
Specific Role Enquiries:
- Trudy De Vries, Director Risk and Assurance on firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Carolynne Paine, Senior Policy and Project Manager, PACE on email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Selma Tas, HR Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 22 July 2018 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.