Research Associate in Biomedical Engineering
4 days left
- Full Time
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Help in using text and data mining techniques to predict the function of proteins.
- Help in designing novel and innovative methods to execute comprehensive and in-depth bioinformatics analysis.
- Help in annotating and enriching scientific records for key biomedical concepts
- Help in analyzing statistical trends and patterns in scientific production to predict protein function.
- Master of Science in Bioinformatics, Software Engineering, Data Mining, Computer Science,or related field
- Exposure to natural language processing, especially text mining.
- Experience in developing and analyzing machine learning and natural language processing algorithms.
- Significant experience in computer programming using different programming languages and system development skills.
- Software development experience in machine learning and natural language processing.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement