Research Associate in Electrical Engineering
3 days left
- Full Time
Organization Name Electrical and Computer Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- The purpose of the graduate Research Associate (RA) appointment is to provide a recent graduate with additional research and scholarly training for an academic or research career. The RA appointments are for a limited period and are not intended to be long-term and indefinite.
- Provides research support for ECE related research projects
- Develop digital processing algorithms for a multitude of applications
- Perform Matlab Simulations, FPGA development work and/or ASIC design tasks
- Working as part of a team, or independently manages daily work within the sequence pipeline
- Regularly meets with the Advisor to apprise the Advisor of the research results, for the development and troubleshooting of techniques, to provide direction and focus to the research, to air concerns and conflicts, and to express mutual expectations;
- Publishes research results in a journal appropriate to the field in a timely manner, may present findings at meetings;
- Write research proposals for research grants and similar funding opportunities
- Contributes to the overall activities of the research team and the department, as required;
- Performs other similar or related duties as and when assigned by the Advisor.
- Operational Responsibilities
- PhD or MsC in Electrical Engineering or closed field with emphasis on Digital and FPGA Design. Knowledge on Communication systems is a plus.
- Experience in FPGA, digital design and preferably Verilog. Expertise in analog/mixed signals, Architectures and System Level design and Expertise in hardware testing measurements/characterization is a plus
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement