Research Associate in Electrical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- The purpose of the graduate Research Associate (RA) appointment is to provide a recent graduate with additional research and scholarly training for an academic or research career. The RA appointments are for a limited period and are not intended to be long-term and indefinite.
- Provides research support for ECE related research projects
- Develop Analog circuits for communication system such as
- Low pass filters, Automatic Gain Controller Amplifier, Analog to Digital Converter (ADC)
- Support the center activities in maintaining CAD tools, PDK, and tapeout effort
- Contributes to the overall activities of the research center/team and the department, as required Working as part of a team, or independently manages daily work within the sequence pipeline
- Publishes research results in a journal appropriate to the field in a timely manner, may present findings at meetings
- Participate in Write research proposals for research grants and similar funding opportunities
- Performs other similar or related duties as and when assigned by the Advisor.
- Operational Responsibilities
- PhD or MsC in Electrical Engineering or closed field with emphasis on Digital and FPGA Design. Knowledge on Communication systems is a plus.
- Experience in FPGA, digital design and preferably Verilog. Expertise in analog/mixed signals, Architectures and System Level design and Expertise in hardware testing measurements/characterization is a plus
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement