Research Assistant in Biomedical Engineering
Organization Name Biomedical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- Assists in the development of CVD based research experiments for across all thematic areas in the Healthcare Engineering Innovation Centre (notablyDiagnostics, Therapeutics and Rehabilitation)
- Contributes to ongoing CVD research projects in the HEIC, includes linking with related Undergraduate laboratory experiments.
- Assists with the preparation of procurement orders / requests for laboratory with Investiagtors, laboratory Engineer / University laboratory manager. Taking into consideration strict safety procedures and checks.
- Participates in scientific research as a professional responsible member of the research team, includes participation in problem exploration, definition, planning of the approach and sequence of steps, execution of experiments or studies, interpretation of findings, documentation and reporting of results and progress, maintenance of research records and compliance to all established policies and procedures.
- Assists Centre Director, Theme leaders and Investigators with preparations of IRB submissions as appropriate and maintains detailed record of HEIC Ethics activities.
- Performs other similar or related duties as and when assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree (2.1 Hons or better) or equivalent in Biomedical Engineering, or a related field from an accredited institution, preferably, from pre-eminent institutions of higher education.
- Very good knowledge in English language both spoken and written. (Arabic is an advantage).
- Minimum 2 years Lab experience
- Must possess required computer knowledge and abilities required to perform the job effectively
- Must possess required knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job effectively.
- Functional/ Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Planning & Organizing
- Presentation skills
- Fairness to direct reports
- Knowledge of ethical issues in biomedical research
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Research Assistants / Officers jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research Assistants / Officers jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Research Assistants / Officers jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent General Engineering Research Assistants / Officers jobs in United Arab Emirates