RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise in which teaching, research and engagement are central to achieving positive impact and creating life-changing experiences for our students.
The College of Business comprises six schools delivering a broad range of programs in Business, ranging from Certificates up to PHD levels. Many programs articulate between Vocational Education and Higher Education, creating pathways for further study. RMIT Business programs are delivered in Melbourne, Vietnam, Singapore, Shanghai and Jakarta, as well as through Open Universities Australia (OUA).
The Department of Economics and Finance was formed in 1990. The School of Economics, Finance and Marketing was formed in 2005 and has strong research and teaching interests with in excess of 5,000 full time equivalent undergraduate and postgraduate students. The School has 75 full-time experienced and highly qualified academic staff; they are complemented by a cohort of offshore staff and part-time specialised staff ensuring relevance of its academic programs.
The Role and Your Responsibilities
The Lecturer in Economics is expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the School.
The incumbent is to make a significant contribution to the delivery of Economics programs, and to be actively involved in research, consulting and other professional activities. This includes engagement with the relevant industry stakeholders, attracting competitive grants, publications in high impact journals and effective supervision of postgraduate research students and postdoctoral research staff. The position will assist the school in maintaining teaching and learning excellence and developing programs, as well as carry out administrative tasks of the School in both its onshore and offshore activities.
Skills and Experience Required
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Ability to undertake course coordination role.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise higher degree by research candidates.
- Ability to build effective networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills appropriate for interacting with higher degree by research candidates, staff and industry, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to teach in global locations and multi-cultural environments.
To view a position description, please visit http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job ref #566241 or for further information please contact Ashton De Silva, Associate Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 31 July 2018.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.