Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Humanitarian Engineering
7 days left
- Full Time
- Australia’s leading engineering faculty
- World-leading group of researchers and teachers
- Cutting edge facilities and innovative research
- Location - Sydney, Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Engineering is recruiting outstanding and inspirational individuals to join our world-leading group of researchers and teachers to build on our success and take the Faculty into the world’s top 20 engineering faculties.
As Australia’s leading engineering faculty, we create bold new solutions to globally relevant challenges to improve lives. We combine the world’s best facilities and innovative research with an exciting and connected education experience to open doors for our graduates.
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering is the largest School in the Faculty of Engineering, with approximately 2600 student enrolments and a budget of over $20 million. The School has 48 full time academic staff, 27 professional staff and technical staff and 75 research only appointments. It is ranked in the world top 20 in Civil and Structural Engineering. The School mission is to develop well-educated graduates with the essential skills, attributes and knowledge that will enable them to practice as professional civil or environmental engineers; and to conduct research and development of international distinction to meet the needs of the discipline, industry and society. For more information visit: http://www.civeng.unsw.edu.au/
The School of Chemical Engineering
The School of Chemical Engineering has been delivering excellent teaching and research for over sixty-five years. The research clusters in the school broadly span the areas of Energy, Food and Health, Environmental Technology, Macromolecular and Interfacial Engineering, and Product and Process Design. It offers degrees in Food Science and Technology, Chemical
Engineering and Industrial Chemistry. The school is ranked in the top 37 (QS World Ranking) in Chemical Engineering. For further information about the School, please visit http://www.engineering.unsw.edu.au/chemical-engineering/
About the role
The Schools of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Chemical Engineering at UNSW are looking to appoint an outstanding academic to conduct high impact research, deliver outstanding teaching and student experience, build industry engagement, and demonstrate leadership in the field of humanitarian engineering. The successful candidate will be expected to develop an internationally recognized research program and to participate in the teaching and service missions of the School and Faculty.
The appointment would be:
- at level B ($103k - $121k per annum) or C ($125k - $144k per annum), plus 17% superannuation and leave loading, commensurate with academic qualifications and experience,
- full time,
- to a Convertible Tenure Track Employment Contract for an initial fixed term period of 5 years, with conversion to continuing appointment based on satisfactory performance and there being sufficient productive work available.
The Faculty reserves the right to offer an appointment on a continuing basis or to directly appoint to advertised positions.
Applications are invited across the broad area of civil, environmental and chemical engineering with a focus in humanitarian.
We are looking for exceptional candidates to conduct high impact research, deliver outstanding teaching and student experience and build industry and community engagement.
The successful candidate will have:
- A PhD in Civil, Environmental or Chemical Engineering, or a related field
- A demonstrated record of high quality research with impact
- A commitment to delivering high quality and innovative teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels
- The ability to actively engage with communities, industry and development sector
- Willingness to travel in Australia and internationally to support ongoing and new research and teaching opportunities in Humanitarian Engineering
UNSW desires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aspires to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, paying particular attention to ensuring no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability or Indigenous origin.
Engineering strongly encourages female applicants and actively supports women to succeed through specific Faculty and UNSW initiatives and generous parental leave provisions and flexible work practices.
Applicants with industry and/or development sector experience are especially welcome.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment.
How to apply
Submit your application by clicking on 'Apply now' and be sure to review the position documentation and systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
Any enquiries can be forwarded to Professor Richard Stuetz:
T: +61 9385 5944