Lecturer, Finance, ECDF
- Convenient CBD location
- Full time, fixed term for 3 years
- $92,815 - $110,220 p.a + 17% super
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise in which teaching, research and engagement are central to achieving positive impact and creating life-changing experiences for our students.
The College of Business comprises six schools delivering a broad range of programs in Business, ranging from Certificates up to PHD levels. Many programs articulate between Vocational Education and Higher Education, creating pathways for further study. RMIT Business programs are delivered in Melbourne, Vietnam, Singapore, Shanghai and Jakarta, as well as through Open Universities Australia (OUA).
The Department of Economics and Finance was formed in 1990. The School of Economics, Finance and Marketing was formed in 2005 and has strong research and teaching interests with in excess of 5,000 full time equivalent undergraduate and postgraduate students. The School has 75 full-time experienced and highly qualified academic staff; they are complemented by a cohort of offshore staff and part-time specialised staff ensuring relevance of its academic programs.
The Role and Your Responsibilities
The Lecturer - ECDF is expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the School, in disciplines related to their field of expertise. More specifically, the Lecturer - ECDF is responsible for carrying out teaching activities within undergraduate, Masters and Graduate Diploma programs and for maintaining and advancing their scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities. The Lecturer - ECDF is also expected to actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities. The Lecturer - ECDF is expected to work collaboratively and collegially with fellow academics within the teaching team, and update colleagues and students on developments in their subject area or specialisation. The Lecturer - ECDF may be responsible for course coordination.
Skills and Experience Required
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Ability to undertake course coordination.
- Ability to conduct financial simulations in a trading facility or similar environment.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality student experiences, satisfaction and outcomes.
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Finance and School research areas evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise higher degree by research candidates.
- Ability to build effective networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills appropriate for interacting with higher degree by research candidates, staff and industry, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.
- To be eligible to apply you must have a PhD or have been an active PhD candidate in the last two years and you must have performed casual teaching work at an Australian University within the past three years and must not have been employed on a continuing basis at an Australian University.
For further information please contact Tim Fry, Head of School, firstname.lastname@example.org or to view a PD visit our website at http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job ref # 566248
Applications close on 31 July 2018.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.