Postdoc Position in Sports Studies
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for POSTDOC POSITION in the field of Physical activity and health in relation to environmental exposures.
Field of research:
Research focused on physical activity, health, and environmental issues (it is possible to change the field of research according to the candidate's focus)
Faculty of Sports Studies, Masaryk University
Postdoc will work in the modern Biomotorics laboratory, which is located in the new campus of Masaryk University in Brno – Bohunice, right in the premises of the Faculty of Sports Studies
Postdoc will participate on his/her own scientific research, including publishing related articles and technical texts in foreign impacted journals, together with his mentor from Faculty of Sports Studies.
As a part of his/her expertise, he/she will contribute to education and the exchange of experience and scientific knowledge among postdocs and other members of the research teams at the Faculty of Sports Studies in the form of everyday interactions within practical research work and also on regular doctoral seminars and workshops of Kinesiology Department
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher within 7 years after receiving the Ph.D. degree or its equivalent
- be a researcher, who worked at least 2 whole over the course of last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with working time of at least 0.5, or was a Ph.D. student (or similar form) abroad
- have a publication activity – in the last 3 years, at least 2 publication outputs registered in Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases
- and at the same time, publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”. The applicant must be the principal author at least one publication (according to the subject specificity it may be the first author, the corresponding/reprint author, or the role of the individual authors stated in the article).
- previous experience with similar topic is a plus
- have experience with research projects (an advantage)
- have excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with multiple teams
- fluency in spoken and written English are required
The application should include:
- CV including a summary of work experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- cover Letter
- contact information of at least three references
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- interesting job in a dynamically expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in excellent research
- tenure-track with an initial appointment for 2 years
- professional team and pleasant working environment
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalized environment
- welcome service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from September 2018.
The submission date is 15th of July 2018.
Review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
- Postdoc@MUNI is available at http://postdoc.muni.cz
- Masaryk University is available at www.muni.cz/en
- Brno is available at: http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617