Research Associate in Climate
7 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Join a national ARC Centre of Excellence
- Enjoy superb professional and leadership development opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The ARC Centre of Excellence for Climate Extremes is a major 7-year initiative supported by the Australian Research Council. It is a consortium of five Australian universities with a suite of outstanding national and international Partner Organisations as collaborators. The Centre of Excellence research agenda encompasses interconnected research programs focused on Heatwaves, Rainfall, Drought and Climate Variability & Teleconnections.
About the role
- $91K-$98K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term for 3 years
- Position available full time or part time to suit your lifestyle
We are looking for up to two postdoctoral research associates to join the ARC Centre of Excellence for Climate Extremes to contribute to a project to improve our understanding and modelling capabilities of significant meteorological events in order to improve extreme rainfall event prediction. The Centre offers an exceptional environment to nurture and enhance your career through initiatives such as our tailored researcher development scheme, travel opportunities to collaborate with peers at our partner institutions and a competitive internal fellowship scheme to further boost career opportunities for researchers from traditionally underrepresented populations in STEM disciplines.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrated expertise in climate or atmospheric modelling and handling and analysing large datasets
- Possess very good statistical knowledge particularly as it pertains to the analysis of extremes
- Have a PhD, held or pending in climate/atmospheric science or similar relevant discipline
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Stephen Gray, Chief Operations Officer
T: (61 2) 9385 7002