Associate Professor of Management Accounting
The College of Business and Economics (CoBE) at the University of Tasmania is dynamic in its provision of world-class research and teaching. Through the Tasmanian School of Business and Economics (TBSE), the College offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs from the University's Hobart, Launceston, and Cradle Coast (Burnie) campuses, and at its interstate campus at Rozelle in Sydney. Undergraduate teaching programs are delivered in China and Hong Kong.
The successful applicant will undertake the role of Head of the Discipline of Accounting.
You will be required to work closely with all staff members to continue developing the research culture and performance of the accounting discipline and in pursuing research funding.
In the role you will:
- Make a substantial and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Undertake high-quality research of international standing, secure external competitive and other funding and publish research findings.
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate (and if relevant postgraduate) coursework teaching of an exemplary quality and provide leadership in key areas of learning and teaching in the discipline.
- Provide academic leadership, particularly in building teams and fostering outstanding research and/or learning and teaching, and increasingly in supporting the career development of more junior staff.
- Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University and locally, nationally and internationally with the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry and/or wider community.
You will be employed on an ongoing, full-time basis as Associate Professor of Management Accounting with the requirement that the appointee fulfil the role of Head of the Discipline of Accounting for a fixed-term period of three years under the direction of the Head of the School (Accounting, Economics and Finance) together with the Dean of the TSBE.
To be considered, you will have:
- A PhD or equivalent in management accounting or a related field.
- A substantial record in, and continuing commitment to, research that has achieved international recognition.
- A substantial record of successful research higher degree student supervision and completions.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated achievement in University-level teaching and learning.
- Proven ability as an academic leader, with a record in team building and creating effective working relationships.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level D and will have a total remuneration package of up to $172,089 comprising base salary within the range of $134,000 to $147,085 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Professor Lisa McManus, Head of School (Accounting, Economics and Finance), Lisa.McManus@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 1574.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria in one document. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Monday, 16 July 2018.