Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Classics and Philosophy
The University of Cyprus invites applications for a part-time Postdoctoral Researcher position in Philosophy as part of the start-up funding of Dr Christos Kyriacou. The position involves no teaching duties.
- The successful candidate must hold a PhD in Philosophy from a recognized University.
- The successful candidate should be fluent in English. No Greek is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The successful candidate should work in metaethics and/or epistemology under the supervision of Dr Christos Kyriacou
- Participation in the research activities of the Philosophy component of the Department of Classics and Philosophy
- Organization of a workshop in collaboration with Dr Christos Kyriacou
- Assistance in the supervision of undergraduate students
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The average net salary is €1212 per month. There is no provision for 13th salary or medical coverage.
Postdoctoral researchers have the following rights and obligations:
- They can use the equipment and the facilities of the University (according to the relevant Usage Rules).
- They have the right to work under safe and healthy conditions.
- They will work under the supervision of the coordinator, to whom they are accountable.
SUBMISSION OF NECESSARY DOCUMENTS
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (one page) explaining the suitability of the person for the postdoctoral position announced
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications
- Short research proposal (750 words maximum)
- Copies of University degrees (MA and PhD). The selected candidate will be asked to submit certified copies of his/her University degrees.
- Reference letters of two (2) referees
All the above should be sent, by the 15th of August 2018, to the e-mail of Dr Christos Kyriacou: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic interviews should take place in the third week of August and the successful candidate should take post in early October.
Apply for Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Classics and Philosophy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly