Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Classics and Philosophy
The University of Cyprus invites applications for a part-time Postdoctoral Researcher position in Philosophy as part of the start-up funding of Dr Christos Kyriacou. The position involves no teaching duties.
- The successful candidate must hold a PhD in Philosophy from a recognized University.
- The successful candidate should be fluent in English. No Greek is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The successful candidate should work in metaethics and/or epistemology under the supervision of Dr Christos Kyriacou
- Participation in the research activities of the Philosophy component of the Department of Classics and Philosophy
- Organization of a workshop in collaboration with Dr Christos Kyriacou
- Assistance in the supervision of undergraduate students
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The average net salary is €1212 per month. There is no provision for 13th salary or medical coverage.
Postdoctoral researchers have the following rights and obligations:
- They can use the equipment and the facilities of the University (according to the relevant Usage Rules).
- They have the right to work under safe and healthy conditions.
- They will work under the supervision of the coordinator, to whom they are accountable.
SUBMISSION OF NECESSARY DOCUMENTS
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (one page) explaining the suitability of the person for the postdoctoral position announced
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications
- Short research proposal (750 words maximum)
- Copies of University degrees (MA and PhD). The selected candidate will be asked to submit certified copies of his/her University degrees.
- Reference letters of two (2) referees
All the above should be sent, by the 15th of August 2018, to the e-mail of Dr Christos Kyriacou: email@example.com
Electronic interviews should take place in the third week of August and the successful candidate should take post in early October.