Chief of Staff, University Provost
Chief of Staff will represent the interests and priorities of the University Provost through effective communication, coordination and integration of the Provosts initiatives, priorities and objectives. Serves as liaison to units across the university on behalf of the provost maintaining close coordination of academic affairs.
- Provide general oversight of the activities of the provosts office. Exercise independent analysis and judgment in prioritizing situations requiring attention and take steps to ensure strategic and operational priorities progress in a timely fashion.
- Proactively identify information that has the potential to be impactful and elevate issues to the attention of the provost, along with options for resolution in a timely manner.
- Ensure the provost is well prepared for meetings and other internal and external activities in collaboration with the executive assistants and communications manager.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and interpersonal savvy, as well as emotional intelligence, in order to accurately represent the provosts position to internal and external constituencies.
- Manage flow of issues, projects and problems within the office and the provosts portfolio.
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with deans, vice presidents, senior vice presidents, reporting units, and Faculty Council to ensure strategic planning and academic initiatives are in alignment with the universitys instructional and research mission.
- Work closely with Associate Provosts and leaders in administrative units to advance the priorities of the institution in a coordinated manner.
- Provide direct oversight of the provosts communication team ensuring a coordinated and well-developed academic communication strategy.
- Supervise provosts administrative support team.
- Other projects and related functions as assigned
Masters degree in relevant field with seven years of experience in progressively responsible positions in academic affairs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular