Post-Doc in Analytical Chemistry – Mass Spectrometry
POST-DOC POSITION IN THE FIELD OF
Analytical Chemistry – Mass Spectrometry
We announce the opening of a new postdoc position supervised by prof. Karel Lemr for scientists experienced in the field of mass spectrometry. A researcher will participate in research activities that are performed at the Faculty of Science in the framework of projects of the Regional Centre of Advanced Technologies and Materials (www.rcptm.com).
The research program:
The research work will be aimed at analysis of small samples mainly by mass spectrometry and ion mobility-mass spectrometry. It will cover tissue and cell analysis (e.g. identification and quantitation of metabolites) as well as analysis of samples collected from objects of art (e.g. identification of organic binders). The researcher will study and apply different ionization techniques, mass spectrometry imaging, ion mobility-mass spectrometry and LC/MS to characterize studied samples.
The applicant responsibilities:
- Study of ionization and separation by ion mobility
- Pretreatment of small samples for mass spectrometric analysis (including application of nanomaterials)
- Cooperation with other team members
- Active participation in conferences/seminars/workshops etc. organized by the institution
- Execution of targeted research
- Manuscript writing
Research in a focused and motivated team, new laboratories with modern analytical instrumentation (see www.rcptm.com).
Starting gross monthly salary 52 000 CZK (~2 000 EUR) including health and social insurance
Five Examples of Our Publications in the Field
- Borovcova, L., Hermannova, M., Pauk, V., Simek, M., Havlicek, V., Lemr, K., Simple area determination of strongly overlapping ion mobility peaks, Anal. Chim. Acta 981 (2017) 71 - 79.
- Pauk, V., Pluhacek, T., Havlicek, V., Lemr, K., Ultra-high performance supercritical fluid chromatography-mass spectrometry procedure for analysis of monosaccharides from plant gum binders, Anal. Chim. Acta 989 (2017) 112 - 120.
- Hartmanova, L., Lorencova, I., Volny, M., Frycak, P., Havlicek, V., Chmelickova, H., Ingr, T., Lemr, K., Lateral resolution of desorption nanoelectrospray: a nanospray tip without nebulizing gas as a source of primary charged droplets, Analyst 141 (2016) 2150-2154.
- Pluhacek, T., Petrik, M., Luptakova, D., Benada, O., Palyzova, A., Lemr, K., Havlicek, V., Aspergillus infection monitored by multimodal imaging in a rat model, Proteomics 16 (2016) 1785-1792.
- Hermannova, M., Iordache, A.-M., Slovakova, K., Havlicek, V., Pelantova, H., Lemr, K., Arrival time distributions of product ions reveal isomeric ratio of deprotonated molecules in ion mobility–mass spectrometry of hyaluronan-derived oligosaccharides, J. Mass Spectrom. 50 (2015) 854-863
PhD or equivalent in Chemistry; a good publication record; highly proficient in both spoken and written English (Common European Framework of Reference C1); experience in ion mobility-mass spectrometry or mass spectrometry imaging is an advantage.
Please submit an application including requested documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters of recommendation shall be sent directly to the same email addresses. Clearly indicate the position, which do you apply for (Analytical Chemistry – Mass Spectrometry).
Diploma or nostrification
A list of publication outputs in the last 3 years
A list and brief description of scientific-research projects in the last 3 years the candidate has participated in
Recommendation by the supervisor or the Head of the workplace/scientific-research team where the candidate operates
All documents listed above must be submitted in English.
The applications are considered till August 10, 2018.
Screening of applicants will resume immediately. Selected applicants will be invited for an oral/Skype interview, typically within 2 weeks upon the deadline. We apologize that due to the number of applications we are not able to respond to all applicants who did not qualify for the oral interview. Thank you for your understanding.
Apply for Post-Doc in Analytical Chemistry – Mass Spectrometry
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly