Deputy Executive Director
Vocational Training Council (VTC), established in 1982, has always been at the forefront of vocational and professional education and training (VPET).
As a statutory body, we exist within Hong Kong education system to ensure the skills of the Hong Kong workforce remain fresh and future ready. Our mandate to provide VPET is vital in meeting industry needs, and in fulfilling the aspirations of the quarter of a million young people and in-service workers who attend a programme every year at one of our 13 member institutions. Join us if you share our mission.
Deputy Executive Director
- Assist the Executive Director to steer the Council’s governance;
- Formulate and review overall policies on the Council's academic structure for the provision of degree, sub-degree and below sub-degree programmes, in-service training and dual-track training;
- Oversee corporate functions and implementation of various strategic initiatives; and
- Establish and reinforce networks and alliance with major stakeholders
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
Applicants should possess:
- Substantial managerial experience at a senior level and be well qualified both academically and professionally;
- Visionary and strong leadership qualities;
- Ability to work and liaise closely with trade and industry as well as professional bodies;
- Sensitivity to the economic trends and business environment and ability to initiate and manage change;
- Significant experience in resource management;
- Proven track record of leading expert teams and the stature to command respect from a diversity of talents;
- Excellent command of English and Chinese languages; and
- Preferably, knowledge and experience in VPET, and/or substantial administrative experience in the public/education sector.
We offer a competitive remuneration package to the right candidate. Appointment will be made on contract and renewal is subject to staff performance and service need.
Please apply by email or post, with a resume and a cover letter, setting out your background and achievements in meeting the position requirements, quoting the position and ref.to Odgers Berndtson, 3201, Alexandra House, 18 Chater Road, Central, Hong Kong. Email: VTC-DED@odgersberndtson.com. The closing date of application is 23 July 2018.
For confidential enquiries, please contact Jenny Chung, Partner, Odgers Berndtson, at +852 2215 8688.
Applicants not invited for interview within 12 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s). Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.