Lecturer, Centre for Advancement of Chinese Language Education and Research
Applications are invited for appointment as Lecturer (holding the title of Senior Learning Material Development Officer) in the Centre for Advancement of Chinese Language Education and Research (CACLER) within the Faculty of Education, to commence as soon as possible, on a two-year fixed-term basis, with the possibility of renewal.
Applicants should possess a Master’s degree or above in Education, Chinese Language, Social Science or equivalent; at least 6 years’ post-qualification experience, preferably with research experience or professional knowledge of Chinese language education, assessment, linguistics, etc. They should also have a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese; knowledge of educational research with experience in conducting classroom-based research; excellent administrative, leadership and organisational skills; and the ability to work independently and collaboratively with school teachers. They should also have experience in developing learning and teaching materials or curriculum in collaboration with principals and school teachers. Experience in research on Chinese learning for non-Chinese speaking (esp. South Asian) students would be an advantage.
The appointee will work in a project providing support for non-Chinese speaking kindergarten children to learn Chinese. He/She will be responsible for:
- supporting the Principal Investigator and overseeing the progress of the project (esp. in developing learning and teaching materials for kindergartens);
- collaborating with and supporting team members for the development and implementation of the learning and teaching materials in kindergartens;
- collaborating with school teachers to implement learning and teaching with materials developed;
- overseeing and administering data collection regarding student performance and reviewing the effectiveness of the learning and teaching materials;
- overseeing and coordinating the publication of resource packages;
- communicating and liaising with other project partners when necessary;
- organising dissemination events and writing up project reports; and
- performing other duties as appropriate to achieve the objectives of the project.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits. The appointment will attract a contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 15% of basic salary.
Applicants should send a completed application form together with an up-to-date C.V. to Dr. J.W.I. Lam at email@example.com. Application forms (341/1111) can be downloaded at http://www.hr.hku.hk/apptunit/form-ext.doc. Further particulars can be obtained at http://jobs.hku.hk. Review of applications will start assoon as possible and continue until July 25, 2018.
The University thanks applicants for their interest, but advises that only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be notified of the application result.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Education Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Hong Kong
- Fixed Term Languages, Literature & Linguistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Hong Kong
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Hong Kong
- Fixed Term Arts & Humanities Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Hong Kong
- Fixed Term Sociology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Hong Kong