Research Engineer, Industrial and System Engineering
6 days left
- Full Time
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- The general goal of this assignment is to study the effect of using a self-cleaning glass in glazing (i.e., windows) on building performance. The research engineer will be developing building energy models and building information models of common types of buildings subjected to various weather conditions. Using these models, he/she will then simulate the use of windows with self-cleaning properties to calculate the resulting impact on building performance. The performance includes the energy consumed by the building as well as the quality of the indoor environment (e.g., daylight level and occupant comfort). The research engineer is also expected to help in obtaining/measuring the physical characteristics of the glass (e.g., conductivity) that are needed by the models.
- The research engineer is expected to work on a daily base to ensure continuous activities in the development of the project, he/she must facilitate coordinated actions among the other research engineer(s) and the graduate students working at the same project. He/she will also have to identify the resources needed for the daily operations.
- The research engineer will help supervise the daily activities of MSc students, according to the guidelines of the Principal Investigator of the project and the reporting line manager. He/she will report to them weekly.
- MSc. in Engineering Systems and Management, Industrial and System Engineering (ISYE), Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Building energy modeling and/or building information modeling
- Experience, projects, or courses on energy efficiency in buildings and/or green building materials
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement