Research Engineer in Chemical Engineering
4 days left
- Full Time
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- The candidate will carry out the bioreactor setup and operation for the experimental evaluation of product formation in anaerobic microbial bioreactor fermentations for different reactor conditions and types of substrate. This will involve as well, the routine sampling, sample preparation (and preservation) and analysis using the analytical techniques available at the KU laboratories.
- Occasional support and co-supervision of graduate students jointly with senior researchers or faculty.
- MSc Water and Environmental Engineering or Chemical Engineering. Equivalent postgraduate studies on relevant scientific and technological disciplines (e.g. Chemistry, Biology, and Microbiology) could be also considered.
- The candidate must be familiar (bio) chemical and/or environmental laboratory work environments, (bio) reactor operation, sampling and chemical and microbial analyses techniques.
- Critical scientific thinking and a very strong research and academic integrity are required. Programming experience in Matlab or other languages is a bonus and will be valued.
- Previous scientific journal or conference publications will be valued.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement