Postdoctoral Fellow in Electrical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- A PhD degree in Electrical Engineering with specialization in electric vehicles, electromechanical energy conversion systems, high efficiency power electronic systems or related field.
- In depth knowledge on modelling, design and analysis of the converters, closed loop control of drives and converter, simulation using MATLAB, advanced control methods, wireless charging, compact converters.
- Experience with experimental work related to power converters.
- The ability to formulate research problems and write scientific papers.
- The ability to guide Master and PhD students in relevant topics.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills.
- Excellent English skills, spoken and written, are required.
- Proficiency in MATLAB and Simulink
- Proficiency in numerical simulation software such as ANSYS Maxwell FEA software
- PhD in Electrical Engineering from a reputable university
- Excellent knowledge of MATLAB and FEA software packages such as ANSYS Maxwell
- Component and system level understanding of electric vehicle components, especially the powertrain system
- A background in evolutionary optimization methods such as Genetic Algorithm or Particle Swarm
- Practical knowledge of energy conversion systems and power electronics
- Experience in hardware with experimental work on power electronic converters (IGBT and SIC MSOFET based ),
- Experience in power circuit testing, trouble shooting, and power circuit analysis using high-end instruments.
- Experience TEXAS DSP or similar DSP systems and /or dSPACE controller or equivalent , programming these controllers
- Experience in design of printed circuit boards, interfacing controller with power circuit, testing and trouble shooting
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement