Postdoctoral Fellow in Chemical Engineering
7 days left
- Full Time
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- The candidate will function somewhat independently, design, organize and conduct highly specialized and advanced experiments using established scientific protocols and procedures and in some cases designing new protocols; summarize findings and publish results in research journals; assume general responsibility for scientific operations of the laboratory; provide supervision and guidance to junior technicians, students, and researchers.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering/ Ph. D. in Chemistry
- The candidate must have hands-on experience with organic chemistry (esterification/ transesterification reaction) and separation technology (pervaporation/extraction), preferably with experience in using microfluidic devices. In addition, the candidate must be familiar with CFD modeling.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement