Research Associate in Geosciences
Organization Name Geosciences
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Conduct high quality core and outcrop description
- Petrography analysis (Optical, BSE, SEM, CL)
- MicroCT analysis for pore visualization
- Geochemical Analysis (XRF and stable isotopes)
- Data organization
- Subsurface modeling using Petrel
- Possible work with fluid inclusion microthermometry after adequate training
- Minimum degree of MSc in Geology/Geophysics or similar fields.
- Graphic logging and facies interpretation of cores and outcrops
- Digital Rock Physics, rock rharacterization.
- Tight carbonate reservoirs.
- Petrography of carbonate rocks.
- Fluid inclusion analyses.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement